- Additional functions : monitoring signals, programmable capacitor charge voltage from 31 to 80 Vdc, programmable power fail threshold
- Charger switching frequency : 700
- Galvanic isolation input/output : non isolated
- Power range : from 4 W to 300 W
- Protections : reverse polarity
- Dedicated to DO-160, MIL-704
- Reduce capacitance value by 80%
- Unique product for hold-up solutions
The HUGD-300 can be used with any GAIA DC/DC converter as the capacitor voltage is externally adjustable up to 80 Vdc.
The HUGD-300 features 3 modes of operations:
- Charging operation mode : when the input voltage ramps-up and reaches the start-up charge threshold (which is set at the "power fail voltage" value), the HUGD-300 begins to charge the external capacitor while powering the dc/dc converter. The charging current is limited as it is a constant power charger. When the capacitor voltage reaches 90% of its final set value, the signal "capacitor charged" is activated and the HUGD-300 enters in the normal operation mode.
- Normal operation mode : in normal operation mode when the capacitor is charged and the input bus is between the "power fail" and 100VDC, the HUGD-300 only consumes low power to keep the capacitor charged. The HUGD-300 operates indefinitely in this state until the input voltage drops below the "power fail voltage" threshold.
- Power fail mode : when the input voltage drops below the "power fail voltage" threshold, a "power fail" signal is activated and the HUGD-300 switches converter input to the hold-up capacitor. At this point the DC/DC converters are powered by the capacitor. When its voltage finally discharges to a value slightly above the "power fail voltage" threshold value, a "capacitor discharged" flag is activated.
This product selection table includes all available versions. Other references may be offered – see technical datasheets.
For more information, please consult factory.
|Reference||Status||Output power||Input voltage||Max. transient input voltage||Output current||Case dimensions||Standard electrical functions||Adj. hold-up capa final voltage||Hold up mode threshold voltage||Operating case temp. range||Case material||Charger switching frequency||DC resistance||UVLO min||Voltage drop @ I max||Weight||Options||RoHS / SnPb|
|HUGD-300||Active||300 W||8 - 100 Vdc||max. 30 A||40.2 x 26.2 x 12.8 mm||CC, CD, PF, REV.POL||30 to 80 Vdc||Adj. 6 to 20 Vdc||-40 to 105 °C||Metallic black anodized coating||700 KHz||30 Grams||T, S|
Output Nbr: S: Single output, B: Bi-outputs, D: Dual outputs, T: Triple outputs – Dual outputs products can be usable for single output or bi-outputs. Output Nbr E corresponds to a slave module (see DataSheet)
Case dimensions: L x W x H (maximum values in mm)
Standard electrical functions: Case: Case connection, OVLO: Input overvoltage lockout, UVLO: Input under voltage lockout, OCP: Output over current protection level, OPP: Output over power protection, OVP: Output over voltage protection level, SCP: Output short circuit protection, OTP: Over temperature protection, VIF: Pin for Input Current Ripple Reduction, SYNC: Pin for Synchronisation, TRIM: Pin for adjust ouput voltage, ITRIM: Pin for adjustement ouput current limitation, CC: Pin for capacitor charged signal, CD: Pin for capacitor discharged signal, UVLOadj: Pin for level undervoltage lockout adjust, VREF: Pin for output internal voltage reference, PF: Pin for power fail signal, SENSE: Pin for voltage regulation, REV.POL: Reverse polarity protection
Status NPR: Not preferred for new Design
Options: T Screening at start-up -55° C, Y High isolation 3000 Vdc, M On/Off function, S Screening and serialization, F Synchronization function