- Galvanic isolation input/output : non isolated
- Power range : from 4 W to 50 W
- Protections : input undervoltage lockout
- Transient suppressor : 60 , 80, 100 Vdc
- Leaded on option
- DO-160 C/D/E/F cat A, B and Z
- Dedicated for Avionics/Military Applications
- MIL-STD-1275 A/B/C/D
- MIL-STD-704 A/D/E/F, EN2282, AIR2021E
- Transient suppressor & brown out for Avionics/Defense
The PGDS-50 features 4 modes of operations as follow:
- Low line operation: Low line operation occurs when the input bus voltage drops down below the permanent input voltage range of the DC/DC converter. Then the PGDS-50 operates in "boost" mode to provide an output voltage compatible with DC/DC converter. The PGDS-50 series can sustain low line operation down to 6 V.
- Power fail operation: An undervoltage lock-out stops operation and disables the "boost" mode for voltage below this low line operation.
- Normal operation: Normal operation occurs between the permanent input voltage of DC/DC converter. The module is then operating in steady transparency state.
- Transient operation: The PGDS-50 series clamps input transient up to 80 V / 100 ms or 100 V / 50 ms.
The PGDS-50 series is compliant with the international input bus standards:
- AECMA EN2282,
- DO160D cat A, B and Z,
The design has been carried out with surface mount components and is manufactured in a fully automated process to guarranty high quality. Every module is tested with a GAIA Converter automated test equipment. The modules are potted with a bi-component thermal conductive compound and packaged in a metallic case to ensure the module's integrity under high environmental conditions.
This product selection table includes all available versions. Other references may be offered – see technical datasheets.
For more information, please consult factory.
|Reference||Status||Output power||Input voltage||Max. transient input voltage||Switching frequency||Output voltage||Output current||Min. transient input voltage||Case dimensions||Standard electrical functions||Adj. hold-up capa final voltage||EMI Filter||Hold up mode threshold voltage||Operating case temp. range||Case material||Inrush current limiter||Max drop out in nomal mode||Charger switching frequency||Max power in drop out operation||DC resistance||UVLO min||Synchronization freq. range||Voltage drop @ I max||Weight||Synchronization||Transient elevator||Power dissipation||Options||RoHS / SnPb|
|PGDS-50-N-K||Active||50 W||17 - 37 Vdc||80.0 Vdc / 100 ms||500 KHz||9 - 36 Vdc||10.0 Vdc / 30 s||40.2 x 26.2 x 8.2 mm||UVLO, ON/OFF||TBD Vdc||Basic||-40 to 105 �C||Metallic black anodized coating||20 Grams||N||Y||S|
|PGDS-50-O-K||Active||50 W||12 - 37 Vdc||100.0 Vdc / 50 ms||500 KHz||9 - 36 Vdc||6.0 Vdc / 1 s||40.2 x 26.2 x 8.2 mm||UVLO, ON/OFF||TBD Vdc||Basic||-40 to 105 �C||Metallic black anodized coating||20 Grams||N||Y||S|
Output Nbr: S: Single output, B: Bi-outputs, D: Dual outputs, T: Triple outputs – Dual outputs products can be usable for single output or bi-outputs. Output Nbr E corresponds to a slave module (see DataSheet)
Case dimensions: L x W x H (maximum values in mm)
Standard electrical functions: Case: Case connection, OVLO: Input overvoltage lockout, UVLO: Input under voltage lockout, OCP: Output over current protection level, OPP: Output over power protection, OVP: Output over voltage protection level, SCP: Output short circuit protection, OTP: Over temperature protection, VIF: Pin for Input Current Ripple Reduction, SYNC: Pin for Synchronisation, TRIM: Pin for adjust ouput voltage, ITRIM: Pin for adjustement ouput current limitation, CC: Pin for capacitor charged signal, CD: Pin for capacitor discharged signal, UVLOadj: Pin for level undervoltage lockout adjust, VREF: Pin for output internal voltage reference, PF: Pin for power fail signal, SENSE: Pin for voltage regulation, REV.POL: Reverse polarity protection, SHARE: Pin for output current parallel sharing
Status NPR: Not preferred for new Design
Options: T Screening at start-up -55° C, Y High isolation 3000 Vdc, M On/Off function, S Screening and serialization, F Synchronization function, P Share function